How to Delete Instagram Account: If you want to share less online, or you have created more than one Instagram account. If and are considering deleting or deactivating your social media accounts then this article is especially for you.
Here you will see – How to delete my Instagram account permanently on android mobile phone, iPhone, Pc, or Laptops in 2023 and also how to delete Instagram accounts temporarily or deactivate it.
Note: Before deleting your Instagram account, you should download your Instagram data like Photos and videos uploaded on the platform.
How to Delete or Deactivate Instagram account on Android Phone, iPhone 
- First, open a browser (Chrome or Safari).
- Log in to your Instagram account that you want to deactivate.
- Tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Tap the Setting icon in the top left corner.
- Then, Choose the Edit Profile option.
- You will see your details (Name, username).
- Scroll down and tap Temporarily Deactivate my account.
- Now, select a reason from the dropdown menu: Why are you Deactivate your account?
- To continue, Re-enter your account password.
- Tap Temporarily Deactivate Account to deactivate your Instagram account temporarily.
After that, Your Insta account will be hidden & won’t show up in Instagram search results. If you open your Instagram account, it will be automatically reactivated.
Note: You can only Temporarily deactivate your Instagram account once a week.
Read Also: How to See Who Unfollowed you on Instagram
How do I Permanently Delete my Instagram account in 2023
If you want to Permanently delete your Instagram account, then you will need to be a web browser. Unfortunately, there’s no option to delete your Instagram account via the app on Android or iPhone.
How to delete Instagram account permanently Step By Step:
- Open Chrome.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Visit the Delete Your Account page.
- You can not visit directly Delete Your Account because there is no menu option to access this page, so you will need the (Delete Instagram account link) direct link.
- You will see a dropdown menu, select a reason to delete your Instagram account permanently – Why do you want to delete.
- After selecting the reason You will be asked for additional information, depending on the option you selected.
- For confirmation, Re-enter your Instagram account password.
- Tap the Permanently delete my account button.
Instagram will give you a deletion date before deleting your Instagram account, and within time your Instagram account will be permanently deleted.
After that, you won’t be visible on Instagram between Now and then (deletion date). If you change your mind, you can log back in before the deletion date and choose to keep your account.
That’s it your Instagram account will be deleted, including all the shorts, videos, photos, likes, followers, and comments associated with your account.
After some time, you will see a confirmation message, Your account has been removed. We’re sorry to see you go!”
Read also: How to Add Music to Instagram Story
How to Delete Instagram Account Temporarily from Computer
If you want to deactivate your Instagram account for a few days for some reason, here you will see how to Delete your Instagram account Temporarily.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Click on Your profile icon.
- Choose the Settings option.
- Scroll down and Click Temporarily Deactivate my account.
- Now, select a reason Why you are Temporarily Deactivating your account?
- To continue, Re-enter your password.
- Finally, click the ‘Temporarily Deactivate Account button.
- Now your account is Temporarily deleted and it will be hidden from other users until you log in to it once again.
How to Download Your Instagram Data
Once you delete your Instagram account, all your data is gone, which can not be retrieved. Therefore, before you delete your account, download your Instagram data. To download a copy of your Instagram data follow the steps given below –
- Go to your Instagram profile and select ‘Settings‘.
- Click on the ‘Security’ tab and click ‘Request Download’.
- Enter the email address where you would like to receive your Instagram data and confirm your Password.
- Click “ Done”.
- Check your Gmail, Within 48 hours you should receive an email ( ‘Your Instagram Data’) with a link to your data.
- Click ‘Download Data’.
- How to Delete Snapchat Account Permanently on Android
- How to Delete Twitter Account Permanently on Android, iPhone
- iPhone 12 Vs iPhone 13 Mini
- How to Delete LinkedIn Account on Phone, iPhone, or Pc
- How to Delete Reddit Account on Android Mobile App
First open Google Chrome >Log in to your Instagram account>Go to the Delete Your Account page>Select a reason-Why do you want to delete>Re-enter your Instagram account password>Tap the Permanently delete my account.
Open Any Browser>Log in to your Instagram account>Click on Your profile icon> Click Settings option> Scroll down and Click Temporarily Deactivate my account.
If you deactivate your Instagram account, you will temporarily disable your account. All Shorts, Videos, photos, comments, likes, and your profile will be hidden from the public. You can reactivate your Instagram account.