Using Google Assistant, we can make our work easier and we can avoid typing to find anything. Google Assistant is one of the best and useful features. But sometimes we think about turning it off.
In this article, you will find how to turn off Google Assistant in your Android devices.
How to turn off Google Assistant in Android phones
- Open the Google app on your Android phone.
- Tap on the “more” three dots at the bottom right corner.
- Then click on Settings.
- Click on Google Assistant and scroll down.
- In the Assist Device option, tap on the phone.
- Tap on Google Assistant.
How to disable the Google Assistant support button
This gives us the advantage that even after disabling the Google Assistant app, we sometimes see that it automatically resumes. If you want to get rid of it, use this method.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Tap on the application.
- Tap on the default application.
- Tap on the device support app.
- Click on the Device Assistant app.
- Choose the “None” option.
How to deactivate the support button in Redmi phones
To start Google Assistant easily, you long-press your phone’s home screen button. If you want to change or disable it, follow the steps below
- Open the Settings, scroll down
- Tap on additional settings
- Now tap on the button shortcut
- Tap on “Launch Google Assistant”.
- Change the “Home button” to the “None” option.
How to turn off OK Google on Android phones
- Open the Google search bar on Android devices.
- Tap on the “More” option.
- Then tap on Settings and choose “Voice”.
- Tap on voice match
- Disable “Access with Voice Match“.
- Tap “Unlock with voice match” and “while driving”.
How to turn off OK Google in Redmi phone on Miui 11
Here you will see how you can disable the OK Google in Redmi’s phone.
- Open the Google app on your Redmi phone.
- Click the “More” option.
- Then click on Settings and choose “Voice”.
- Tap on voice match
- Toggle “Hey Google” and “While Driving”.
By Uninstall google update
You can also disable Google Assistant by uninstalling new updates from Google. Because it is not present in previous versions.
If you can go back to those versions, you can delete it.
But you will lose some features of the new version. It can also be slow.
- Open settings
- Tap on applications
- Go to the application manager and search ” Google app”.
- Open the menu and tap on More
- Tap on uninstall the update.
The way to disable Google Assistant above may vary depending on the Android phone and its version.
How to temporarily disable Google Assistant on a smart home device
If you want to temporarily turn off Google Assistant in your smartwatch, smart speaker, or smart display, or you want to turn it off regularly at certain times, you can use downtime in the Google Home app. You can easily do this setting by adopting the steps given below.
- Go to Google Home App.
- Click Home and choose a device.
- Click on the Settings gear icon.
- Choose Digital Scheduling and tap on the new schedule.
- Select any tool you want to apply, then click on Next.
- Select the days and choose a ready schedule or create a custom schedule, then click Next.
- Choose the start and end time, then click Next and Complete.
In this article, we told you How to Turn off Google Assistant on an Android phone, smartwatch, smart speaker, or smart display. If this article is helpful for you, then please comment below.